New Haven Furnace Repair & Maintenance
Committed to Keeping Your Family Cozy All Winter Long
A furnace that works properly means lower utility bills, less frequent servicing, and reliable home comfort. When it comes to having a heater that works when you need it to, one of the most important things a homeowner can do is schedule routine maintenance throughout the heater's lifespan. At Modern Heating and Air Conditioning, we take great pride in offering top-quality New Haven furnace maintenance and repair services that you can depend on. We work tirelessly to ensure that our customers are never left out in the cold.
Warning Signs for Heating Systems
A home’s heating system is easy to forget about – until it stops working. To catch potential problems before they become an emergency, watch out for the warning signs of a broken furnace.
If you notice any of the following, you may need to contact a furnace repair technician:
- Unusual or excessive noises: While furnaces can tend to be noisy when operating normally, be on the lookout for certain sounds like squealing. Squealing can indicate the need for a belt replacement. Grinding and groaning sounds are also indicators that parts need to be replaced.
- Unresponsive thermostat: This could indicate that your furnace cannot meet the demand of your thermostat. But you could also have a broken thermostat.
- Increasing energy bills: If your heating bill is higher than normal, an overworked and under-maintained furnace could be the culprit.
- The age of your unit: If your unit is 15-20 years old, it has neared or passed its normal lifespan. You will need to service it more often and prepare for a replacement in case of total failure.
- Yellow burner flame: If your pilot light is yellow, you may have a carbon monoxide problem. Your burner should always be bright blue. Any other color or a flickering flame likely indicates a major safety hazard. Call your technician right away.
- Recent repairs: A furnace that has failed will likely fail again. The best way to avoid continual furnace repairs is to receive regular maintenance.
What Do Technicians Actually Do During a Tune-Up?
Depending on the contractor, the actual services performed will vary, but a qualified heating contractor will know which services your Southern Connecticut home’s heating unit needs to receive annually. Our professionals will perform the following services during any heating tune-up:
- Clean heating elements and heat exchanger
- Clean and adjust the burner assembly
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust operating pressures
- Monitor flue draft
- Clean or replace air filters (this should be performed once a month)
- Check gas supply for leaks
- Measure temperature changes
- Clean ignition assembly
- And more!
Why Are Maintenance Plans Important?
It is just as important to your home’s health that you get an annual heater tune-up as getting a physical is to your own health, and for the same reasons. With our help, you can be certain that your furnace is ready for the coming season.
Our Preferred VIP Maintenance Policy includes:
- Up to 56-point tune-up, which extends equipment life and maximizes energy efficiency
- Two maintenance/safety inspections per year
- Never a premium charge
- Comfort Guarantee (hotel stay)
- Up to 20% discount on repairs
- Expedited scheduling if emergency installation is needed during peak seasons
- 24-hour response time
- Priority service
- Emailed maintenance report and invoicing
- Periodic specials and promotions
- Fully transferable
- Multi-year/unit discount
- Extended warranty on repairs
- Keeps your manufacturer's parts warranty valid
When & Why to Replace the Furnace Nozzle
It is important to replace a furnace nozzle if there are signs of corrosion on the metal surface that could reduce efficiency. Replacement is also necessary if clogs have formed or if the metal is warped or pushed out of alignment. It is best to replace a nozzle before every cold season.
Let Modern Heating and Air Conditioning Help
Our furnace repair team in New Haven is committed to offering you the absolute best in service and workmanship, no matter how large or small the job may be. We are responsive to your needs and guarantee all of our work, because nothing is as important to us as your satisfaction.
When you choose Modern Heating and Air Conditioning for your furnace repair, you can expect to:
- Schedule the repair during a convenient time: Our friendly team members are standing by to take your call or respond to your inquiry so that we can schedule an appointment for you as quickly as possible.
- Receive an arrival call from your technician: When your technician is on their way, you’ll receive a courtesy call to let you know.
- Get upfront pricing: We’ll never perform any repair work without letting you know the price upfront. Once we have an accurate diagnosis, we’ll let you know what work is needed and what we recommend. From there, you’ll have control over any decisions.
- Get a fast and effective repair: Once you’ve given us the OK, we’ll schedule a convenient time to perform the repair. In many cases, we can even provide a same-day repair!
- Provide feedback: We encourage you to find any feedback about our work. If you’re not completely satisfied with it, let us make it right – we’ll keep working until you are content.
We offer energy-efficient and dependable equipment for your home.
Don't let finances get in the way of making your family comfortable. We offer convenient financing options for all your needs.
Contact us for all your heating and air conditioning maintenance, repairs and installation services.
Our Customer Service
From start to finish you can expect to receive outstanding good old-fashioned customer service that will make you smile.
We Stand Behind Our Work
Our highly trained technicians deliver outstanding service and will not be satisfied with the work done until you are.
$99 A/C or Gas Heating Check-upNEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. Excludes Oil Heat. Coupon must be presented at time of service. Valid M-F 8am-5pm. Excludes after hours, holidays and commercial properties. Promotional offer applies to ONE UNIT PER HOUSEHOLD.Valid from Feb 1, 2023 - Mar 31, 2023